4 Apr 2016

Pen case

I tried making pen cases.
I like writing with pencil. So I need a little bigger size of pen case to put new pencil in it. I found leather pencil case kit in the net.
 I think that the format isn't enough economical. I designed it is made from 3 pieces. The paper form is for normal sized pen case.
 Then cut them from leather. This time vegetable tanned leather for craft was used. It easy to make it a bit longer.
 These smaller pieces can be cut from thinner material. The inside is rubbed with a bit water to avoid fluffing. After that, I used chemical one to finish it.
 The wood block also was made by me.
 Glued the edge. Then guide holes were made.
 then stitched.

 I think that it's better to stitch dried leather material. This time, they included a little water to finish inside.
 Although I brush the edge with water, it doesn't get deep color.
 tin the edge !
Not so bad.