4 Apr 2016

case for monocular

I use a monocular. I don't have to use binocular.
I had looked for a case for it for some years, but I may be able to make it by myself.
When I made first one. I use craft leather which thickness of 2 mm. The thickness is a little thin and soft to keep form. I glued thin leather on the inside of the leather to be the total thickness of 3 mm. However it is softer still.
 I think the glue is same to wooden work.

 The edges are needed to scrape to be 45 degrees.
 Belt hook is needed to be attached in this beginning phase.

 I use my knees to stitch leathers.
 The number of the guide holes doesn't fit perfectly.



 I put varnish on the inside to get stiffness. But it isn't enough.
 Rolled thick paper was used to keep cylindrical form.
 We can see base ball stitches !!
 That is my monocular made by japanese binocular maker.
 I need improving for it.